Further information about the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles can be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, located at www.oaic.gov.au.
1. The types of personal information we collect and hold
The types of personal information we collect and hold about you include:
- Your name, postal address, telephone numbers, email address;
- Your occupation; and
- Information about your business activities and/or requirements.
2. How we collect your personal information
If you provide goods or services to us, or have approached us to provide goods or services to you, we collect your personal information directly from you. We may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources, and in some cases, from third parties (including for references).
If you do not provide goods or services to us, we collect your personal information from third parties who engage us to provide them with business intelligence and process related services. We may also collect your personal information from third party marketing list vendors.
3. Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can provide information and services to our clients. Or, if you provide goods or services to us, we collect your personal information for the purposes of that supply relationship.
4. How we use and disclosure your personal information
We use and disclose your personal information for the reasons we collected it and for the general purposes of:
- Establishing, administering and managing our services;
- Managing and training our staff;
- Managing complaints and disputes;
- Meeting our legal and regulatory obligations
If you have received a marketing communication from us, you have the right to tell us you that you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us. To do this, please email us at imagine@STEMmates.cm.au
There are a range of people and organisations we disclose your personal information to, depending on the dealings you have with us. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Our advisers and consultants (including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Financial institutions;
- Third party services providers to us, for example, IT service providers and mail and document management service providers
- Government, statutory, regulatory or enforcement bodies;
- Any other person or organisation that you have asked us to provide your personal information to; and
- Any other organisation considering whether to acquire (or which has acquired) an interest in our business.
We seek to limit the information we provide these organisations to the minimum that they need to perform their services or activities for us.
5. How we keep your personal information secure
We mostly hold personal information electronically in our IT systems, secure servers and databases.
We take reasonable steps and precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this through a number of ways, including restricted access to personal information and using technology products to prevent unauthorised access to our databases.
We may be required by law to retain your personal information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended. After such period of time has passed, or if we otherwise determine that we no longer need your personal information, we will securely destroy or de-identify it.
6. Overseas disclosure of your personal information
Some of our operational service providers are located overseas. This means that when we use their services, your personal information is disclosed overseas. We only disclose personal information to our overseas service providers when it is necessary for the services they provide to us. The third parties to whom we may disclose personal information are located in the United States and India.
7. Access to and Correction of your personal information
You may request access to and the correction of any of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us by email at imagine@STEMmates.com.au
When you contact us and request access to your personal information, we will need to verify your identity first and ask you further questions so that we can respond to your request as quickly as possible. We cannot give you information about anyone else. Making a request is free.
8. Making a complaint
We will investigate your complaint and seek further information from you if we need it, and will contact you again to resolve the issue as best we can.
If you are not satisfied with our response or how we handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (in writing) at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042
Phone: 1300 363 992
TTY: 1800 620 241
Cookies do not in themselves identify you; rather they identify your computer’s browser.
Our Contact Details
Level 25, 108 St Georges Tce
Perth WA 6000
Tel: 1300 793 465